Last week, we held our Victory Weekend here at Santa Rosa, this is a two-day retreat helps us deepen our relationship with God. It’s a privilege to speak in one of the session about our “Identity”. My first to teach adults regarding this topic, always been teaching the kids🙂.
One of the scripture in the material…
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2:9
… says we are “Royal”, meaning we have a royal bloodline. How come ?
My father and mother come from humble background , I can say noble but not actually royal.
We are royal because of Christ blood shed on the cross for you and me. His death enabled us
to be adopted to God’s family and co-heirs to his kingdom – settled & sealed I’m royalty! God is the King
of Kings, I am His daughter which makes me a “princess” [wide eye disney version awwwww].
Growing up, I know this not just in my head but in my heart. Regardless of what people do or say to me this is my value — this is how my father in heaven values me. I put on my invisible tiara and conquer the world.
Tonight, I can’t sleep – is this how God wants me to walk on this earth. Again, truth comes from His word.
God gave me more than just my “invisible” tiara, more than the crown, this is what God wants me to wear.
His full armor – (Ephesians 6:12-17)
To all the Princessess out in the world, before seeking out your destiny or waiting for your prince. Clothe yourselves with these:
1. Belt of Truth – Truth hold everything together. Tell the truth and live your life by the truth, look with diligent focus on God’s word who you are. Be real, don’t live and pretend to be someone your not (Eph 6:13,14)
2. Breastplate of Righteousness – covers your heart, it protects your feelings & emotions, also covers the breast – God desires to protect your body, He has intended it for the man you (will) marry. Righteousness means when you accepted Jesus as Lord, his righteousness become your righteousness. Your are now in the right standing with God. (Eph 6:14)
3. Pair of shoes! (Nothing beats a good pair of shoes) – shoes of our inner person come from the GOOD News of Jesus Christ – he came to save us from sin, death & sickness. When we put on these shoes we put on the peace that our eternal destiny is secure. (Eph 6:15)
4. Faith – our bling! glares like a shiny shield protecting you from the attacks of the enemy. Seen in your attitude, faith will not let you sink into self-pity when things don’t go your way. Faith stands strong, knowing that God has the best for you, His enabling you to achieve it. (Eph 6:16)
5. Helmet of Salvation – protects not only your face but also your mind. Not just “fair” faces pleasing to the eye, God wants us to have pleasing minds. Helmets to protect our mind. You are saved! Jesus died tor bring us salvation, restore us and make us whole. Our thoughts can be so damaging if we let it roam in the wrong direction – when we understand that salvation has so many good things for us, we can train our thoughts stay positive back on the course. (Eph 6:17)
6. Sword of the Spirit – put on God’s word and prepare yourself to life, when you need wisdom you’ll be able to find God’s word in your heart because you put it there (meditated on it). (Eph 6:17)
7. Pray – in all occasions. Pray for the right things, pray for things in line with what the bible says. (Eph 6:18)
(Armor of God explanation from “Little Pink Book on what to wear” by Cathy Bartel)
Conversation with Denise made me want to watch LOTR again and I did, this movie’s awesome and I’m looking forward reading the book.
I remember this princess, she’s more than “pleasing to the eye” — not just beautiful.
Eowyn, Princess of Rohan – Tolkien writes that she longed to win renown in battle—more so because she was royal. To me this is a picture of “a daughter of a king”. In the movie, there are scenes she’s not even wearing her tiara, but that does not make her less of a royalty.
Éowyn stabbed her sword through the Witch-King’s head and killing him – seems not princess like ei!
But I sure like to stab the enemy and its lies – with the sword given to me.
Eowyn does not seem to have a problem standing regal in a dress (and tiara) …
or standing brave in an armor (ready to wield the sword)
I hope to win victories won for me long ago, to put on the full armor of God and walk (and fight) in these battles like a princess. To all the ladies born-again in this royal bloodline, I believe we need to choose to walk like this daily.
I hope we will not be princesses that are hard to please with “hight standards” on petty things.
Standards are good, in fact you should have one (I do). Standards are different from whims.
Let us not be spoiled princesses sitting on her throne more concern of outward appearance, yet her inner-self looking harass and helpless. Waiting for a charming prince to win her heart or rescue. You we’re rescued and offered salvation two thousand years ago – not by means of a metal sword but by the nails that pierced Jesus.